Friday, November 12, 2010

Let it be known throughout the land!!!!!

Let it be known throughout the land, Friday has been officially designated as Spinning Day.  For far too long I've neglected my beloved wheel.  She has sat there in the corner of my bedroom very patiently waiting for my life to settle down long enough to give her the deserved attention.  From here on out she and I will spend Friday's together.

So, now that that has been established the question came to "What to spin?"  People, it is redic!!!  I have 4-5 of Abby's Luxury Batts, 3-4 of Abby's Silk, Cotton, boxes of Romney, Jacob and Alpaca, Superwash roving, Llama, Angora, Silk roving, Cormo, Gotland, Raw fleece by the bags full.......







I've settled on starting the first weekly Spinning Friday with the spinning of this gorgeous black Alpaca roving loving given by Amarosa the Alpaca.  Several years ago my husband's cousin graciously sent me fiber from 4 or 5 of the Alpaca from their farm.  I sent it off to a fiber mill and had it turned into roving.  Really gorgeous, soft fiber.

I have 3 lbs 12 oz of this wonderful stuff.  I decided to measure it out in 4 oz section so I can hopefully get the same amount of singles on each bobbin before plying.

Why don't you join me on Spinning Fridays?  It is be a "virtual spinning guild."

6 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I'm a new subscriber to your blog, but I'm in! Fridays are my day off work (I work at a church so Sundays are work days and Saturdays kids are home) and this will be a good motivator to sit down at the wheel!

Wendy

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I could but Fridays are my days to work until 7 pm... So I'll think of you and spin another day of the week. I think you do have more fiber than I, but not by much.

Traci said...

I am coveting your stash! Wow! I'm in, even if only for a few minutes!

Janet said...

I'm in, but I will be knitting. I don't know how to spin yet, so will have to pretend. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea - my skills will go up and my stash will go down! While I have to work on Fridays, making up "project bags" ala Yarn Harlot, to be done each month, will work for me!

Suzanne said...

Would you post what mill you used for the alpaca? Pretty Please? I'm in need of somewhere and the one I've found won't do 'alpaca only' they want to mix it with merino...